9/7/11

Wow Ya Wednesday featuring Kate of The Kathryn Wheel

Please Welcome Kate of  The Kathryn Wheel
We love Kate's unique style and her eye for fabulous color! She has numerous posts that include her art journal and she teaches classes on the subject.  She also has her very own set of instructional DVD's for art journaling that can be found HERE.
Here is a little about Kate:
"Hi. My name’s Kate Crane and I live in the north of England with my husband, two children, our dog and several small animals. In real life I am a school teacher but I love art and crafts, especially art journaling. In my free time I love to play with paint, inks and especially rubber stamps. I write regularly for Craft Stamper magazine (UK), and have also had articles published in Somerset Art Journaling, Artful Blogging, Somerset Apprentice (USA). I’m on the Design Team for Dylusions (UK) and Stampotique (USA). Earlier this year I made two instructional DVDs on Art Journaling which was a first for me. I would describe my style as arty, quirky and a little off the wall! I’m absolutely delighted to be the guest designer for Tiddly Inks!"

Kate's FABULOUS Goodbye to Summer Creation using Always the Flower Girl!
"This is a large 12 x 8 page in my art journal (Moleskine). The background was created with Dylusions inks and paints as well as a few Dylusions stamps. The Tiddly Inks image was printed out quite large (she measures approx 5 1/2" tall) and I coloured her with Distress inks and a touch of oil pastel."



Some of our favorite non-Tiddly creations from Kate:






Don't forget to stop by Kate's blog, The Kathryn Wheel to show her some awesome Tiddly Love!  Her creations are SO very inspiring that we bet you'll want to see more!!

10 comments:

Cheryl Valadez said...

WOW! These are truly inspiring! I LOVE each and every one!

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! And thanks for the introduction to your wonderful images - love the robots expecially!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh how AMAZING! such fabulous work and sooo inspiring. I sure would love to get the hang of this. I think a DVD purchase may be in order. xxD

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Such gorgeous and totally inspiring work!!! Can't wait to dive in!!

HUGS!
Meredith

Miranda said...

your work is AWESOME Kate, love everything about it, it's absoluelty fabulous
hugs
Miranda

mforquer said...

Kate your work is fantastic!!! I love the bright and vibrant colors and the unique stamps and statements your journals contain!! You are such an inspiration!
Hugs,
M

Jenn Borjeson said...

Holy cow, Kate, I think you'll have some new fans now! :) Your work is fabulous - thanks to Christy and Tiddly Inks for introducing us to you! :) xo

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, thanks all for your wonderful comments :-)

ChickieChirps said...

Huge wows Kate! These pages are totally amazing... just stunning! I don't normally like journalling, but this is totally inspiring!

I love it!

Arabella

Billie A said...

OH I love this kind of work. I love it and wish I could be that free in mind to pull it all together. It's great the colors the free hand, the whole mind work is wonderful. Thanks for sharing this wonderful artist awesome work.